Available Hours: 8:00am - 8:00pm, M-F
We use a variety of counseling techniques and methods to help individuals, couples and families meet their needs. We have experience working with children, adolescents and adults. This includes active listening, empathy and support. Counseling is not a service that is strictly advice giving or telling you what to do. We work together to come to the best solution and the path that makes sense in your situation. It is helping you to build meaningful goals, coping mechanisms and a positive future while working on the here and now. There are times during the process when things might feel anxiety provoking which is normal and we will work at your pace.
• At any time you are able to terminate treatment and/or are able to bring up issues with the counselor if you feel that your treatment is not going the way you want.
• Your files are kept private, confidential and this office follows HIPPA rules.
• You may request to receive an explanation of services, your diagnosis, records, treatment concerns and be involved in your care.
• You may contact the Office of Professions with any complaints about your treatment.
• You will be treated with respect to your culture and beliefs without being judged.
• Confidentiality may be broken if there is a suspect of intent to harm self or others. There is a suspected child or elder abuse in which CPS or state agencies may be contacted. There is a court order or litigation going on where the records could be subpoenaed.
This office does not discriminate against any sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, place of origin, past history of treatments or disabilities. We will work with you in order to help make payments as necessary. This office is wheelchair accessible with slight bumps in the doorway where someone can help the patient enter. There is also close parking to the entrance for handicapped patients. We are LGBTQ friendly.
• Showing respect to the office and health care professionals.
• While changes in appointments do happen, you must rescheduling within 24 hours without a cancellation fee.
• It is up to you to provide accurate information about your health and mental health in order for the office to best help you.
• It is upon you to discuss when your condition has worsen so that alternative modalities can be applied in order to best treat your condition.
• You are responsible for paying for your treatment on time.
• Following the agreed upon goals and strategies in accordance with your treatment and participate in each session.
In the event of a medical emergency 911 will be called. In the case of a psychiatric emergency 911, hospitalization, crisis services and/or a person on your crisis plan may be contacted in order to keep you safe.
Putting Patients First
Sometimes people need extra support. Many individuals seek therapy for anxiety, depression, stress, trauma, self-discovery, and substance abuse. Having an empathic person to talk to and work through your concerns can be a powerful experience. It can help to improve relations, self-esteem, and overall well being.
MARRIAGE & COUPLES COUNSELING
Marriages and relationships can be stressful. Couples come to counseling for many different reasons. A few concerns are to improve communication, infidelity, improve intimacy and to build life goals. Couples counseling can help to get the couple back on track and working together.
This may include a mix of couples, individual, and family sessions in order to improve functioning. Sometimes families need help in areas such as parenting, adjusting to divorce/mixing families, passing of a loved one or conflict within the family. Counseling can improve these family dynamics.
This is one of the most difficult times in our development. Teens go through many rapid physical, social, emotional, and life changes. They may need help understanding these changes and how to cope with new life stressors as they enter adulthood. Counseling can help teens deal with these concerns. We work with adolescents from age 13+